Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Beta Readers are Beginning to Comment

One of my three beta readers got back to me on my new novel. Her final comment: Start writing the next one in the series.

I love feedback. She had some honest criticisms (at one point saying "Is this character really that stupid?") that I need to fix, but overall it was the mental boost I needed. I mean, I know it's good, but it's nice to know that someone else feels the same way.

This past week, I joined the Outer Alliance for GLBT science fiction writers. It's the right group for me at the right time. There are many well-known names on the list who are great to tap into for insight. There's already been a great thread on agents. As I'm looking for an agent, it's timely info.

Now if I could only come up with a title for my novel. Usually, I have no problem, but I'm stumped, and my beta reader (rightly so) hated all my ideas. It's hard to pitch to an agent or a publisher without a title. Urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment